Our Client seeks to recruit a Marketing Manager for one of its subsidiaries, who will be responsible for the day to day management of the marketing function of the subsidiary, in the most efficient manner, delivering agreed periodic targets and plans.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following roles in addition to other roles or responsibilities that may be assigned to him or her by the Managing Director of the subsidiary:
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and plans for the achievement of profitability objectives of the business in line with Annual Estimates, Long Term Plans - LTP and other set targets.
- Work with the Research & Development Department to develop and lead product and packaging innovation drive to ensure sustenance of viable product portfolios.
- Execute advertising and promotional programs to ensure increased market share and brand equity.
- Control and monitor the effective utilization of the marketing budget.
- Jointly formulate and implement sales, pricing and credit policies of the business.
- Establish effective Pan Nigeria distribution network to ensure achievement of distribution and penetration objectives.
- Drive production operations to ensure achievement of company targets.
- Set targets for the product categories and continuously evaluate performance.
- Monitor competition and commission market research/survey on trade and consumers insights and ensure implementation of appropriate strategies.
- Analyze and provide executive summaries of all marketing research reports.
- Specify minimum quality objectives for all brands and ensures compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory regulations for all company brands.
- Coordinate the Corporate image functions and activities to achieve and sustain a strong corporate brand equity.
- Maintain regular contact with manufacturers in the industry world-wide to ensure that the company is fully abreast with global marketing developments.
- Ensure the development and training of managers and staff to sustain a pool of high caliber manpower for the business.
Competencies and Skills Requirements
- Strategic thinker and implementer.
- Good understanding of the market and economic operating environment.
- Good communication, marketing and customer service skills.
- Good planning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good people management skills.
- An eye for details and financials.
- Emotional intelligence.
Experience and Educational Qualification
A minimum of 7 years managerial experience, out of which 4 years should be at Marketing Manager level in the FMCG food and beverages industry, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
The candidate should be a university or polytechnic graduate. Additional academic and professional qualifications will be advantageous, but not a prerequisite.